Accommodations in Notodden:
- Telemark Hotel Notodden is currently fully booked. You may contact them anyway in case they have any cansellations. This hotel is situated in the middle of Notodden city centre, by the town square. Please contact the hotel directly for booking a room +47 35 01 20 88 or through the hotel's web site. We have negotiated a special price for our conference participants, 800 NOK/night, including breakfast. Reference code "MAKING". This special price is available if you book your room before August 23th 2012
- The other hotel, Brattrein Hotel, is quite small and fully booked for our conference keynotes and invited guests. You may be eligible to stay at this hotel. Contact us for more information.
- Student accommodations may be available if you contact the student association, SiTel, directly. +47 35 02 62 00. Some of the student flats are rented on a weekly basis.
- If you want to keep accommodation to a bare minimum, and don't mind living rough, you may contact Notodden Camping for renting small huts or a place to put your tent http://www.notoddencamping.com/
- If you are really into experiencing nature, you may bring your tent (or borrow one here) and camp out in the woods. By law this is allowed in Norway if it is not too close to a private house. If you want to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Assistant Professor Geir Grimeland.
Accommodations in Kongsberg:
- Best Western Plus Gyldenløve Hotel Is situated in the middle of Kongsberg city centre, near the train station and bus-stop to Notodden. Phone: + 47 32 86 58 00
- Grand Hotel Kongsberg is situated in the middle of Kongsberg city centre. Please contact the hotel directly for booking a room +47 32 77 28 00 or through the hotel's web site. We have negotiated a special price for our conference participants, 1180 NOK/night, including breakfast. Reference code #91901 This special price is available if you book your room before August 23th 2012
- Kongsberg Hostel is the cheaper alternative in Kongsberg. The bus to Notodden stops right next to the hostel. You can contact the hostel by telephone +47 32 73 20 24 and email: email@example.com
For those of you who are staying in Kongsberg, we will provide a room where you can rest or get some work done in the break between the presentations and dinner. There are also changingrooms/showers available for you to use at the Campus during the conference days.